Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Review: Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss

The Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss was reformulated late this last year. In May, Ipsy sent out an exclusive pre-launch of the reformulation to their subscribers. I discovered this product through Ipsy. Juice Beauty is a mostly organic cosmetics and skincare company, and this lip gloss is gluten free.



The Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss retails for $15, available on the brand's website, or Ulta. I bought mine in a holiday gift set for $36, for all four shades.

These lip glosses come in a long clear frosted plastic tube, with the brand's name and logo printed across the front in silver. The twist-off cap is a thin metal, which does get dented if you carry it in your purse like I do. On the bottom of the tube is a sticker with the shade name. The Reflecting Gloss is a doe-foot gloss, and comes with .14 fl. oz.

The Reflecting Gloss comes in four shades, Pink, Guava, Fig and Champagne. All four shades have a shimmery, glossy finish, though the amount of shimmer appears to vary across the shades, and feel the same on the lips. I find the Reflecting Glosses to be very, very hydrating, comfortable to wear, with absolutely no stickiness.



The first shade I tried was Pink, which is a cool pink, with a purple-y undertone. This shade is the second most pigmented of the bunch. I find Pink to be a great everyday shade for me.


The next shade is Guava, which is an interesting darker shade, on the line between orange and red, with some brown tones as well. Though it is a warmer color, it does not make my teeth look yellow. Guava is the most pigmented, and least shimmery of the Reflecting Glosses.


Next I have Fig, which is a brownish warm pink, somewhere between Guava and Champagne. This shade is right about the same level of pigmentation as Pink. I find this shade less flattering on my skintone(NW15 in MAC for reference), but it is a nice shade, and it would be lovely on a warmer skintone, I think. This is the second most shimmery shade, and can leave behind glitter particles from time to time.


Finally I have Champagne, which is, as the name may imply, a shimmery, glittery yellow champagne shade. It is the least pigmented of the Reflecting Glosses, but does make a great lipstick topper, to create the illusion of fuller lips. It comes across nearly clear on my lips, but the shimmer and shine make it a very useful shade.

On their own, the Juice Beauty Reflecting Glosses only last about an hour on my lips, at most. Over lipstick they seem to last longer, since they can't soak into the lips as easily. They also have a fairly strong sweet smell, which I can't quite place. Considering the number of berries and things that this product is made with, I would assume that's where the scent is coming from.

The Juice Beauty Reflecting Gloss is my favorite formula for a lip gloss, primarily for the comfort to wear. I don't mind re-applying, because it feels so nice. Practically lip-balm hydration levels. I won't ever go without this product, and when I run out I will be repurchasing at least Pink, and most likely Guava as well.

(I apologize for my crazy hair, and dark circles. I took these pictures right before getting ready for a doctor's appointment)

No comments:

Post a Comment